[MPlayer-users] 42 was: Comments on Joe Barrs MPlayer critizism

Thomas Prokosch thomas at nadev.net
Wed Jan 30 20:45:02 CET 2002

On Wed, Jan 30, 2002 at 06:44:32PM +0100, gabor farkas wrote:
> i thought everyone agrees on that linux should made more user friendly...
> and now i see not everyone thinks that.... maybe this is because of my
> windows past... but for me it looks so simple:
>
> more user-friendly system=> more users=> more companies release drivers for
> linux => better linux.

In my opinion:

more user-friendly system -> more dumb users not reading TFM
                          -> more noise on the mailing lists (how do
                             I do that... etc)
                          -> more companies releasing more
                             closed-source drivers as modules
			  -> more problems which cannot be fixed and
                             more hardware not working on older kernels
-> not so good linux :-(

There is no advantage without disadvantages.
--
: Thomas Prokosch                               [ GPG KeyID: 0x7DBAB2A6 ]
: [ http://www.nadev.net/thomas/  |  thomas at nadev.net | thomas at hetzi.at ]

There are running jobs.  Why don't you go chase them?