[MPlayer-users] 42 was: Comments on Joe Barrs MPlayer critizism

Mike Melanson melanson at pcisys.net
Wed Jan 30 22:03:02 CET 2002

On Wed, 30 Jan 2002, Thomas Prokosch wrote:

> In my opinion:
>
> more user-friendly system -> more dumb users not reading TFM

	There is at least 1 MPlayer developer (me) that does want a more
user-friendly MPlayer system. My end-goal is to be able to aim MPlayer at
any media file and make it play without any further argument. That's a
long way off, I realize, but that's the goal. But don't knock the
user-friendly goal completely.

	I'd like to point out, however, that the reason I hack on this is
*not* because I am trying to further the cause of open source and the free
software movement, as some would foolishly surmise. It has much more to do
with the fact that *I* want a particular tool that fits *my* needs. It's
all about me, me, me...:) The benefit that other users derive is a
side-effect of the benefit that I derive. Any other MPlayer developers
with me on this?

	That's my take on the matter...
--
	-Mike Melanson