[MPlayer-users] Return of the Libpng Problem!

Mike Melanson melanson at pcisys.net
Thu Jan 31 06:20:01 CET 2002

On Wed, 30 Jan 2002, Robert Tilley wrote:

> tilleyrw at tillarium:~$ kinkatta
> libpng warning: Application was compiled with png.h from libpng-1.0.12
> libpng warning: Application  is  running with png.c from libpng-1.2.1
> libpng error: Incompatible libpng version in application and library

	I don't know the background of your problem, but it's entirely
possible that your copy of the program was compiled against one version of
libpng but is now running against another version on your system. It seems
that libpng doesn't like this state of affairs. Did you get a precompiled
binary of the program or did you compile it yourself on your system?

	First fix: Get the program source and compile it yourself. It
should use the proper libpng version installed on your system. If the
problem still persists, then there's a library inconsistency on your
system. Do a 'locate libpng' command to locate every instance of anything
named libpng and reconcile the discrepancy.

	Hope this helps...
--
	-Mike Melanson