[MPlayer-users] best matrox card

Hetz Ben Hamo hetz at kde.org
Thu Jan 31 22:42:02 CET 2002

On Thursday 31 January 2002 19:55, Kovács Tibor wrote:

> > Yes.  Do I care?  Not really.  Compared to my friends GF3 Ti 200 the tv
>
> out
>
> > is significantly better.  Just an opinion.
>
> And You can use it? I can't. With Linux there is no driver for tv out.

Umm, I recommended Nvidia and now I'm defending Matrox.. umm...

You might want to first TRY the matrox drivers (NOT the driver that comes
with XFree86), they DO have support for TV out, Dual head support, and 3D
hardware acceleration for the 2nd head - you can use their "mgapdesk" program
to set it up...

This if of-course - a big plus, compared to nVidia driver setup (which need
to be done manually)

Hetz