[MPlayer-users] TV Capture and AVI editing - best practices

Dominique Rousseau domi at lee-loo.net
Mon Jul 1 16:54:01 CEST 2002

Le Sat, Jun 29, 2002 at 02:16:06PM -0400, Bradley Alexander [storm at tux.org] a écrit:
> Any suggestions on how to record/remove commercials from saved .avis?
> I'd be willing to change recording apps or whatever it takes.

I've done something similar using transcode and avidemux.

I used avidemux to get the start/end frames number.

Then using transcode -c start-end and pass-through, I got the parts I
wanted. One file per slice.
Then, I put the several parts into the final one with avimerge.

I think, most of this could be done with mencoder (-ovc copy and -oac
copy for the passthrough, -ss and "i forgot" to select the slices)

Dom