[MPlayer-users] Fwd: TV Capture and AVI editing - best practices

fixounet at free.fr fixounet at free.fr
Mon Jul 1 18:28:02 CEST 2002

>I've done something similar using transcode and avidemux.
>
>I used avidemux to get the start/end frames number.
>
>Then using transcode -c start-end and pass-through, I got the parts I
>wanted. One file per slice.
>Then, I put the several parts into the final one with avimerge.
>
>I think, most of this could be done with mencoder (-ovc copy and -oac
>copy for the passthrough, -ss and "i forgot" to select the slices)

Hello,

There something i don't get.
You already use avidemux, why don't you use it to remove the commercial ?

1st frame of the commercial -> Black button |-
Last frame -> Black Button -|

Ctrl-X , and voila the commercial is gone.

I can't see a simpler/faster way of doing it (plus it is frame accurate, if
smart copy is engaged : you don't even have to bother with keyframes)

Bye