[MPlayer-users] Ogg 6 channel

Rocky Hetherington lists at hetherington.co.uk
Tue Jul 2 15:09:02 CEST 2002

On Tue, 2002-07-02 at 13:40, Daniel Kenzelmann wrote:
> I used mplayer to create a 6 channel stream (raw PCM)
> from AC3 (5+1)
> and encoded that stream with oggenc.
> If i play that ogg-file with mplayer,
> the position of the channels gets mixed up
> (center sound from left or rear, etc)
> Is there a default for Channel -> Position?

AFAIK there isn't an exact specification for which channel goes where,
therefore each app does it their own way at the moment.  Someone did
suggest on the Vorbis list that it be part of the Ogg/Vorbis 1.0 specs
which would certainly make things easier.

1.0 shouldn't be much longer now, my money is on a 1.0RC4 release of
Vorbis tomorrow to coincide with the launch of their new Theora
project.  1.0 final should be out within a month or so of that.
--
Rocky Hetherington
Web    | http://www.hetherington.co.uk