[MPlayer-users] DVD stops playing/encoding

Haas Wernfried amnenion at xover.htu.tuwien.ac.at
Tue Jul 2 19:29:01 CEST 2002

hello,
i guess that there could be a lot of reasons for this behaviour. do you also
have problems with accessing data on data-cd or data-dvd? as you mentioned
that the the dvd-access is not stopped after killing mplayer/mencoder: take
look at "tail -f /var/log/messages". if there is a problem reading the dvd,
linux tries to read the data for some time even if the job was already
terminated. should be something like "/dev/hdX: I/O error".
other reasons could possibly be buggy firmware in the dvd drive or bad
jumpered drive/harddisk (check master/slave settings) or 1000 other things...

regards
	wernfried

PS: your message appears some kind of strange formatted, please check your
settings in the mailclient (html = off, etc)