[MPlayer-users] helpme

Alejandro Néstor Vargas anv at xnetcuyo.com.ar
Tue Jul 2 23:09:01 CEST 2002

Ednei G. Pereira dijo:

> I'm trying to take a screenshot using mplayer by gimp with video output
> x11
>
> but when I try the gimp can't do this....
>
> If anybody can helpme..

There is a good way to take screenshots using mplayer. This is a sample of
making thumbnails for avi or mpg files at 10 seconds from start:

  rm -f 00000001.png 00000002.png
  mplayer -idx -frames 2 -ss 10 -vo png $filea 3>&1 2>&1 > /dev/null
  if [ -f 00000002.png ]
  then
      echo "making thumbnail thumbnail."
      mkdir -p thumbnails
      convert -scale 100x100 00000002.png JPEG:t/$a.jpg
      rm -f 00000001.png 00000002.png
  fi

(it seems that mplayer alwais generates one png file for the very first
frame,then we need to use the second png generated)

--
Alejandro Néstor Vargas
anv at xnetcuyo.com.ar
ICQ: 20528995.