[MPlayer-users] Re: strange behavior...

steffen stef22 at gmx.de
Wed Jul 3 20:17:02 CEST 2002

> Hi,
>
> > > here is a strange behavior i noticed with MPlayer 0.90pre5-3.0:
> > > playing "star wars, episod 1" dvd, during intro if i skip several times
> > >  forward and then skip several times backward, the intro text turns
> > > from  english to french ! and then if i do it again, back to english !
> > > can someone explain ?
> >
> > I've noted the same problem with some Disney DVDs. The titles in
> > different languages are recorded as multi-angle, using -dvdangle to
> > select intro language.
> >

> > Is there a problem when skipping backwards and multiangle? or it only
> > happens when there is not an angle specified?
>
> there are so-called NAV sectors containing navigation info, including
> where-to-jump-for-angle-X, it's used to re-sync to the right angle after
> seeking. but i've implemented it blindly, without having any docs, having
> a very buggy and incomplete libdvdread, and no multiangle disks...
> so it may be, better: probably buggy, but i cannot fix it, sorry

Maybe the ogle-libdvdread helps there ? Yesterday I have had the
Disney-Atlantis-DVD and tried to view it with mplayer. After I was at title 8
of 56 I gave up to seak trough the whole DVD for the right title. I testet
vobcopy to get some information of the right title or copy it to my hd to
view it another day. ;-)
The only programm I was able to view it was ogle (would love to have such nice
DVD-menu in mplayer ;-) )  At last I did use smartripper to do what I want,
and have now time to convert it using mencoder ...

Greets
Steffen
( Hoping i wasn't too offtopic ;-) )