[MPlayer-users] Problems with mplayer on an iBook2 700MHz.

Jesus Climent jesus.climent at hispalinux.es
Fri Jul 5 13:42:02 CEST 2002

On Fri, Jul 05, 2002 at 12:47:15PM +0200, Jesus Climent wrote:
> Hi.
>
> I have been experiencing some problems with my ibook2 700MHz (G3).
>
> The output is quite smooth, with no framedrops (using XVideo, because
> there is no Xvidix support for PowerPC).
>
> Nevertheless, there seems to be a problem, possibly related with the
> soundcard driver.
>
> The output jumps, like slowing down for miliseconds and then resyncing
> again, like if having some pace.
>
> Any ideas?

Yep, looks like a soundcard problem, since without any sound it works
perfect.

Any ideas how to provide the needed info to make it work better??

(No, I am not sending the laptop to anyone =)

Jesus Climent | Unix System Admin | Helsinki, Finland.
http://www.HispaLinux.es/~data/  |  data.pandacrew.org
Please, encrypt mail address to me: GnuPG ID: 86946D69
FP: BB64 2339 1CAA 7064 E429  7E18 66FC 1D7F 8694 6D69
Registered Linux user #66350 Debian 3.0 & Linux 2.4.19