[MPlayer-users] yuv4mpeg dump speed

Arpi arpi at thot.banki.hu
Sat Jul 6 17:14:03 CEST 2002

Hi,

> Calling 'mplayer -noframedrop -nosound -nogui -vo yuv4mpeg myfile.avi'
> results in rather slow dump speed - about 25fps, and top shows only
> marginal cpu usage.
>
> My guess is that mplayer is trying to play the video at its normal
> speed. But I'd like it to play as fast as possible :) Is there a way to
> do that?

add -benchmark, it disables all delays ;)

other way is setting the hw_timer flag in yuv4mpeg driver, it may be a good
idea, unless someone wants realtime playback using that -vo

third way: -fps 10000 ;)

for PCM sound ripping, i suggest using mencoder with -ovc frameno -oac pcm,
and then mplayer's -dumpaudio on the resulting avi

A'rpi / Astral & ESP-team