[MPlayer-users] Is it possible to change video bitrate for MPEG2 ?

Jukka Tastula jukka.tastula at kotinet.com
Tue Jul 9 00:53:02 CEST 2002

On Tuesday 09 July 2002 01:06, Alejandro Néstor Vargas wrote:

> I'ts true. All standalone DVD Players I seen can play VCD and CD audio.
> Someones can play mp3 also.

These are "bonus features". I'd think the cheapest DVD players out there don't
even have support for CD (RWs work with some of those anyway). No one's
restricting the makers of these players from supporthing other formats
though. So if you're lucky your player might support out-of-spec SVCDs, too
(xsvcd). Like my Philips DVD950 for example; with firmware 7.22 it supports
SVCD and XSVCD up to 3.5Mbps. So its not unheard of, but you can't expect
every player to do this.

And all these are some sort of standards. Having an UDF filesystem on a CD
instead of a DVD is definitely not.