[MPlayer-users] Watching videos with old S3 Graphics Card

Draco draco_d at gmx.net
Tue Jul 9 10:44:02 CEST 2002

Hello,

a friend of mine has a P-3 500MHz and wants to watch movies with Linux. With
Windows, it worked (slowly, but most DivX could be watched).
On Linux, MPlayer doesn't work at all.
The Graphics card has a S3 chipset.

-vo help
lists vesa, fbdev, png, jpg, null, mpegpes
but neither xv nor x11, which I normally would use.

Neither vesa nor fbdev work with this graphics card (unless I did something
wrong...) and I really wonder, why x11 is not present.

Has anyone experience with such S3 cards?

Thanks