[MPlayer-users] Watching videos with old S3 Graphics Card

Felix Buenemann atmosfear at users.sourceforge.net
Sat Jul 13 01:53:02 CEST 2002

On Friday 12 July 2002 18:45, M. van de Sanden wrote:
> At the time, the link to that driver didn't work. I'm not sure now, so I
> will check it sometime. The original driver makes x windows crash when I
> scroll things (like in a terminal window or in mozilla) (most of the time
> it just hangs for some time and sometimes it hangs indefinetly) I
> contacted the author about that but he says that I'm the only one having
> this problem and that he doesn't know how to help. The only thing that
> works is to turn of acceleration, which causes xvideo not to work. Also,
> if I switch to tv out, the screen shifts to the right at the moments when
> it would normally (with acceleraion) hang. Fortunalty dga works fine,
> since the mplayer dga driver was fixed some time ago.
> If the link work, I'll try your driver after I get back from my vacation.

I also have occasiaonal system hangs when scrolling in onqueror with the
savage driver and the xvideo image shifts on tv-out prob is also there.
Anyways I have script mptv, that uses vesa driver for tvout, so I don't have
to restart X to change res and vesa is nearly the same speed (well the
software scaling takes it's share).

--
Best Regards,
        Atmos