[MPlayer-users] Streaming ASF issues with CVS 7/7/02

David E. Fox dfox at m206-157.dsl.tsoft.com
Sat Jul 13 08:03:02 CEST 2002

I am not (yet) subscribed to the list, so please cc any responses
to me.

I will likely subscribe in a day or so -- at any rate, I am having
difficulty with two tasks on mplayer - first, it does not want to
decode 'netshow' type streams from radio stations employing this
format.

I get output like:

Playing 83a6sdr8.*.asf
============= Sorry, this file format not recognized/supported
===============
=== If this file is an AVI, ASF or MPEG stream, please contact the
author! ===

I attached one of these streams (forgive me in advance if I violated
attachment rules) in the hopes that this is not pilot error.

Secondly Apple quick time doesn't seem to be supported, or maybe it is
(I heard that it was on some other list) but so far my tries have not
been very helpful. I tried a few movie trailers from apple's quicktime
site but up until now I just get audio, and no video.

dfox at tsoft.com                            change magnetic patterns
dfox at m206-157.dsl.tsoft.com               on your hard disk.