[MPlayer-users] mplayer & SIGTSTP

Kedar Dhamdhere kedar at cs.cmu.edu
Tue Jul 16 01:34:02 CEST 2002

Hi,
    I encountered following problem with keyboard input of MPlayer:
When I stop mplayer (using ^Z), my shell resets mplayer's termios settings
(to be precise, ~(ICANON|ECHO)), so that when I continue mplayer using fg
in my shell, the settings aren't restored, and mplayer doesn't recognize
the keystrokes.
    One solution could be to install a signal handler for SIGCONT, which
will call getch2_enable(). We might also need to do getch2_disable() on
SIGTSTP (so that static int getch2_status, from linux/getch2.c is
set/reset correctly)

Trivia about my system:

uname -a: Linux 2.4.17 i686 (RedHat 7.1)

Using MPlayer CVS-020714-20:34-3.1

Tried above with bash and zsh.

thanks,
Kedar