[MPlayer-users] weird problem with ASF/WMV files

Julien WAJSBERG flash at minet.net
Tue Jul 16 15:02:02 CEST 2002

On Sat, 13 Jul 2002, Felix Buenemann wrote:

> On Thursday 11 July 2002 16:17, Julien WAJSBERG wrote:
> >
> > Re-hi ;)
> >
> > I found a problem with some ASF/WMV files, maybe you'll be able to help.
> > These files where downloaded using ASFrecorder on a streaming server.
> >
> > When I play them directly on the streaming server, it is ok.
> > When I play the downloaded files under windows, WMP skips to the end of
> > the video. I can seek in the file, see 1 ou 2 seconds, and then it skips
> > again to the end.
> > When I play the file over a HTTP server, it plays almost ok, there are
> > just some glitches sometimes.
> > When I play the same file with mplayer, it plays ok a couple of seconds,
> > and then the sound stops. WHen I seek in the file, I can hear the sound
> > again, but it stops after 1 ou 2 seconds.
> >
> > Any idea ?
> yes, read DOCS/bugreports.html
> --
> Best Regards,
>         Atmos

Okay sorry. I stopped after 'where to report bugs' :)

I just uploaded the example file (archive5-little.wmv) on the incoming ftp
server, and also the output mplayer.log.

It seems mplayer is reaching an 'eof' in the audio file.
Maybe it could check if there is still other data after this eof ?

--
Flash