[MPlayer-users] big A/V syn problems

Lethal Weapon lethalwp at freegates.be
Tue Jul 16 18:05:02 CEST 2002

On Tue, 2002-07-16 at 15:55, Arpi wrote:
> > soundcard is a sb awe 64
> maybe oss driver is buggy, try alsa9 with oss emu
> afaik sb awe has its own ram, so it may have big a-v delay by hardware
> not known by mplayer
Nope, i have this problem on 5 or 6 files, when i've already seen ~350
others ;)

> > > could you show me the status line _when_ you see the big a-v desync ?
> > > i wanna see the A-V: etc values then
> > you can see it when first guy talk
> > sound is coming at ~0:01:12 (frame 1748)  ("knock*knock* putain mais
> > 					t'es malade ou quoi, t'as vu l'heure?")
>
> i also noticed that part, but it's a dubbed film, and it looks like a bad
> one. i've also checked the original sounds, like door knocking etc. they
> seems to be ok. i've learnt the no.1 rule of a-v sync tests: never use
> dubbed sample :)
sync on windows is perfect (you made me reboot windows EeEek ;) )
Do you want me to u/l 2 or 3 other files in the same case? (probably
depending of the same "bug" ?), They are all french-dubbed, i have no
english version

Greetz,
	JY