[MPlayer-users] DVD RPC (fwd)

Steven M. Schultz sms at 2BSD.COM
Fri Jul 19 18:57:02 CEST 2002

Hi!

> From: Arpi <arpi at thot.banki.hu>
>
> yes, this is the trick. libdvdcss does NOT requests the title key from the
> drive!!! it crack it without the help of the drive itself!
> so this check never runs, even fi exists in the drive.

	Slight correction (if I may - hope you don't mind too much ;))

	The latest libdvdcss (1.2.1) will attempt to request the title
	keys from the drive.  If this works the decrypting goes _much_
	faster than the brute force approach.    If requesting the title
	keys fails the fallback method is to crack the keys.   Of course
	the 'request title key' method requires that a region be set on the
	drive ;(

	I had one DVD that libdvdcss could not crack the keys for.  After I
	set a region on the DVDrom drive the 'get title key' method worked
	(and very quickly).

	Cheers,
	Steven Schultz
	sms at 2bsd.com