[MPlayer-users] DXR3 audio/video sync issues

Arpi arpi at thot.banki.hu
Fri Jul 19 22:10:02 CEST 2002

Hi,

> All except DVD-s of course, since mplayer doesn't seem to read the
> information about a/v correction from DVD, so there's constant a/v
If i would know where is such info stored on DVDs... i couldn't find it yet.
Anyway I looked into this problem some time ago, and found several things
may causing desync for mpeg. One of them is relative high audio bitrate
(buffered audio may shift a-v sync a bit) or delay caused by the B frames
(frames reordered from original order when encoding, and maybe the
timestamps are calculated for the original order instead of the file order).
The mga_vid also delays about 120ms for 25fps video (visible frame is 3 frames
behind to last decoded), same may happen to *vidix. Dunno about Xv.

Unfortunatelly i have only one dvd producing this problem, ~200ms desync,
but i'm pretty sure its badly mastered somehow.

Could someone upload a .vob sample showing this problem _clearly_visible_?

A'rpi / Astral & ESP-team