[MPlayer-users] mplayer on Zaurus

james james at kirk.math.twsu.edu
Fri Jul 19 22:16:01 CEST 2002

I just got a zaurus (arm-linux) :) , and mplayer compiles and runs (sometimes
working sometimes not)
(plays (when it works) better than the built-in media player)

I haven't yet hacked around with it, but here are some issues/notes/whatever:
1. sound - well it kind of is bad. it works fine sometimes, but that is by
specifying many multple options.
2. some go really slow - which codecs are integer based vs which are float
based? (more specifically is lame's libmp3 float based?)
3. no gui (of course, because it has qtopia (Qt embedded)) is anyone working
on a qt-based gui or fb-based gui?
4. -vo only with fbdev (not really a problem at the moment.
5. -vop scale works wonderfully on some files, and doesn't on others. (same
with flip, rotate)
6. -ao oss (sound support is 44100 KHz, 16-bit, stereo) get message
"audio_setup: driver doesn't support SNDCTL_DSP_GETOSPACE"
7. Is anyone working on an esd output or only the one via SDL? (I have gotten
libSDL to compile, but can't get some other libraries to.) if not, is there
any documentation for writing a audio driver?
8. Video looks great, as it usually does with mplayer - good job and thank
you to everyone who has worked on it.

James Lancaster