[MPlayer-users] mencoder, wmp problems

Georg Prager georg.prager at wing.at
Sat Jul 20 17:56:01 CEST 2002

Hi!

I've got a problem with files which were encoded with mencoder. Under mplayer
and xine they have the right aspect ratio and resolution, but under windows
mediaplayer or gdivx there are black borders left and right and in the middle
is the movie, thereby the aspect ratio is wrong.

I created the file with:
mencoder -oac copy -ovc lavc -lavcopts
vcodec=mpeg4:vbitrate=50:vhq:vqmin=1:vqmax=31 -sws 2 ai.avi -vop
scale=512:288

The encoded file:
ftp://ftp.mplayerhq.hu/MPlayer/incoming/wmp.avi

I don't know why, but other divx-files work perfectly under windows media
player.

BTW: I've the latest cvs from mplayer and ffmpeg.

I hope anyone can help me.
thx, Georg