[MPlayer-users] muxing vorbis audio with mencoder?

Arpi arpi at thot.banki.hu
Sat Jul 20 21:54:01 CEST 2002

Hi,

> I think I found the problem. It appears that the ogg demuxer munches
> the first packet (with all the header info) when it opens the stream.
> Thus, -oac copy starts copying with the second packet, which is bogus.
> Any suggestions on how to fix this?

hmm. faszom. you're right...
for some cases, audio codec is initialized to determine required headers for
output stream. as the input audio stream is .ogg, it has no standard .avi
waveformatex header, so mencoder calls the codec to get samplerate etc to
build one for output avi...

i don't know clean solution yet, maybe re-opening demuxer after retrieving
required codec info could solve this issue.

anyway, muxing VBR .ogg is another issue, as i don't know where are the
packet boundaries - the demuxing of .ogg is handled out of mplayer/mencoder
scope, in libogg :(
i also don't know the samples-per-packet value for the ogg stream, it was
the fault of nandub too (the reason of producing broken .avis with ogg)

do you have the source for windows oggmux tool?

A'rpi / Astral & ESP-team