[MPlayer-users] getting framerate from a file....

GD Lewis gdltek1 at dfnow.com
Sun Jul 21 07:19:02 CEST 2002

Greetings all....

I don't know if this is a re-hashed question and I apologize if it is...

I am trying to develop a script that automatically determines the video
framerate from a avi file as reported by mplayer at startup.

I have an pretty good idea of what I want and I know how to get & parse the
info, but I have a couple of issues.

1) Is there any way to specify to mplayer/mencoder to just display the info on
the file without actually playing it.  Just dump the info and quit?

2) The messages that are displayed by mplayer/mencoder do not appear to be
written to either stdout or stderr, so I am unable to pipe the output to a
file for future processing.  Am I doing something wrong here or is there
something that I should know?

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated, thanks!

--
Grant D. Lewis
Running RedHat Linux (Limbo beta) kernel 2.4.18-5.58 on an i686

"Those who define new paradigms for the world are often considered strange at
first."