[MPlayer-users] sorenson v1 and some audio

Dominik Mierzejewski dominik at rangers.eu.org
Sun Jul 21 10:48:01 CEST 2002

On Saturday, 20 July 2002, Arkadiusz Miskiewicz wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have one mov movie and it's playing quite fine (video)
> but there is no audio since audio format is not supported.
>
> Audio is 0x324D4451 - no idea what's that(?). xine says that
> no audio plugin to decode 'QDesign Audio v2'. Never heard about
> such format.
>
> I've checked all audio codecs from codecs.conf - 0x324D4451 is none
> of them.

Correct. It's a proprietary format licensed by Apple and it's not
supported by MPlayer. Basic version is included with QT4 and up.
The Professional version costs 400USD. But:

http://www.qdesign.com/products/faq/index.htm
[...]
Is the QDesign Music technology available for licensing so I can include it
into my application?

Yes. The QDesign Music technology is available for licensing directly from
QDesign Corporation. Please contact QDesign for details: enquiries at qdesign.com.
[...]

So maybe someone should ask them about it? Has anyone tried?

--
MPlayer RPMs: http://www.piorunek.pl/~dominik/linux/pkgs/mplayer/
Dominik 'Rathann' Mierzejewski <rathann(at)rangers.eu.org>