[MPlayer-users] Re: best encoder ?

Moritz Bunkus moritz at bunkus.org
Tue Jul 23 10:00:02 CEST 2002

Hi.

> Huh, this is a real DVD!?! It looks to me like a bad encode in
> non-interlaced mode of a movie that was originally in interlaced form.
> Seems there weren't enough bits to keep the interlacing intact so both
> fields got blurred together in many places.

Yeah, it is a real DVD (as I said, Ally McBeal first season, bought in
Germany).

> Does this movie actually look right when played on a TV!?

I can't say as I don't have access to a standalone DVD player. It looks
perfect played back with e.g. PowerDVD. I currently can't remember how
mplayer and xine cope with it.

> Also, are you sure *you* didn't accidentally scale it when capturing
> those pictures, e.g. with mplayer -zoom or whatnot?

Yes, I'm pretty sure. I've used transcode without ANY rescaling
options.

As to the rest... yes, I've not read your email completely, and I'm
sorry (way too early in the morning for me, obviously).

--
 ==> Ciao, Mosu (Moritz Bunkus)