[MPlayer-users] big trouble: machine locks up hard with "mplayer -vo xv"

Nilmoni Deb ndeb at ece.cmu.edu
Tue Jul 23 15:13:02 CEST 2002

Daniel,
	I have always used mplayer in the past at 24 depth without this
problem. Also, 16-bit color makes no difference at all. Just to let u
know, using '-vo x11' or disabling hardware acceleration solves the
problem but thats hardly a solution.

I have already switched back to cvs of June 13 and I will keep on trying
to see what change actually caused this trouble.

Try adding

  DefaultDepth    16

to the screen-section of your XF86Config-4. This, however,
doesn't solve your problem since this causes (only ;) X to crash
sometimes when a xv-application is started.

Hotti