[MPlayer-users] Some Questions about mencoder

Florian Unglaub f.unglaub at freenet.de
Wed Jul 24 14:49:02 CEST 2002

Hello,

I'm using mencoder to rip DVDs on my FreeBSD box. I use the 3-pass
method like it is described in the mplayer manual on
http://www.mplayerhq.hu. Is it possible to make a VCD/SVCD out of an DVD
instead of encoding it to a DivX movie? Or can I make a VCD out of a
DivX?
There is just one little problem: How can I tell mencoder that the movie
has an ratio of 16:9? At the moment I have to start mplayer with the
"-aspect 16:9" option.

Greetings from Germany and many thanks in advance,
Florian.
--
Florian Unglaub	<f.unglaub at freenet.de>
gnupg public key ID: 7B86C20B