[MPlayer-users] tool to test cropping

Robert R. Wal rrw at hell.pl
Wed Jul 24 21:42:01 CEST 2002

Hi

Recently I'm switching to Linux with encoding DVD to DivX.

I've encountered one problem. I need the tool that would let me try
cropping parameters on a picture from a movie, similar to one that is
built into FlasKMPEG 0.6xx.

All I need is to open a video file, show one frame[1] of it and be able
to test resize and crop parameters on it while seeing the whole picture
resized, and crop bounds at the same time. Ability to retain aspect
ratio while resizing would be additional benefit, but is not necessary.

Has anyone seen such a tool on Linux?

Robert

PS. Obviously I meen gui tool of some sort if I want to actually see the
picture ;) But the command line tool that would show me what I want to
see based on command line parameters will do.

[1] with possibility to seek another if selected one is too dark to see
 the black borders

--
Bastard Operator From 149.156.96.35