[MPlayer-users] wmv open error?

Preston Lord webmaster at t2.net
Thu Jul 25 06:53:02 CEST 2002

I downloaded the codecs from the MPlayer site and placed the contents of
the acrchive to /usr/lib/win32/ ... even tried /usr/lib/win32/ ... no
different.

I still get the same errors. What do I need to do to make MPlayer find
the codecs?

The codecs.conf file is the newest version in both /etc/ and ~

?

Thanks ;)
Preston

On Wed, 2002-07-24 at 06:46, Diego Biurrun wrote:
> Preston Lord writes:
>  > MPlayer working great, but just got a .wmv file
>  > and when I attempt to open I get
>  >
>  > Can't find codec matching selected -vo and video format 0x31564D57 !
>
> Sounds like you lack the Win32 codecs.  Installation instructions are
> in the README.
>
> Diego

Preston Lord (aka Zipur)
Developer