[MPlayer-users] determining framerate from asf files

GD Lewis gdltek1 at dfnow.com
Thu Jul 25 15:45:02 CEST 2002

Greetings all...

I'm attempting to convert asf files to VCD format using the mencvcd script and
everything is going fine except for one problem, I cannot determine the
framerate the asf file was encoded at so the disks are coming out with the
a/v sync off.

I've used the mplayer -v option to try and determine the framerate but nothing
is forthcoming.  I get lots of info about the sound but not much detail on
video.

I've tried re-encoding the file 3X using different framerates but none of them
seem to work.

Does anyone have any clues on how I could determine what the framerate is for
an asf file?

Greatly appreciated, thanks!

--
Grant D. Lewis
Running RedHat Linux (Limbo beta) kernel 2.4.18-5.58 on an i686

"Those who define new paradigms for the world are often considered strange at
first."