[MPlayer-users] compiling mplayer with ff's mp3

james james at kirk.math.twsu.edu
Sat Jul 27 06:02:02 CEST 2002

On Friday 26 July 2002 09:17, you wrote:

> On Fri, Jul 26, 2002 at 12:52:56AM -0500, james wrote:
> > Should be noted: this is on a zaurus (strongarm pda)
> >
> > I have tried to get libmad to work (problems compiling libmad), and have
> > failed so far.
> >
> > I am trying to get ffmp3 to work but on both the zaurus and a x86 (k7) it
> > comes up with this error:
> >
> > command line (athlon):
> >
> > mplayer -ac ffmp3 file.avi
> >
> > output: (say if you want more, video works just fine)
> > <snip>
> > Can't find codec for audio format 0x50 !
> > *** Try to upgrade /home/james/.mplayer/codecs.conf from etc/codecs.conf
> > *** If it's still not OK, then read DOCS/codecs.html!
> > <snip>
> >
> > Is ffmp3 support broken? or is there some magical configure option
> > (didn't seem to be and I looked quite carefully.
>
> Hmm, did you include libavcodec? ffmp3 works fine for me. If you still
> have problems RTFM bugreports.html.

OK, drat drat drat, It was there. I had to comment out the libmp3 and mad
sections of codecs.conf to make it work.

Now down to only 2 options passed to mplayer on some video on the zaurus. :)

Sorry about that, user error, and sorry about posting questions where
RTFcodecs.conf would have fixed.
James L