[MPlayer-users] shrink a movie

Karsten Mueller kmu at ratio.de
Sat Jul 27 18:26:02 CEST 2002

Try:

   mencoder yourmovie.mpg \
	-ovc frameno \
	-oac mp3lame \
	-lameopts q=0 \
	-o frameno.avi 2>&1 | tee -a br.log

#
# Getting the recommended bitrate for CD size (650,700,800) MB
#
BR=$(cat br.log | grep -i "recommended" | grep "650" | cut -f 2 -d ":")

# adjust bitrate to the next lower value (dividable by ten), e.g.
# 780 instead of 786 just to be on the safe side ;)
#
BR=$(expr $BR "/" 10 "*" 10)

Then "normally" encode with your options and settings using ${BR} as
bitrate for lavcopts ...

--
with best regards
---