[MPlayer-users] divx on dvb-out (mpegpes)

Steffen stef22 at gmx.de
Sun Jul 28 21:18:01 CEST 2002

Hi there!

I have bought last week a siemens dvb-s card. Now I have compiled mplayer with
dvb-support. I tested it with some vob's layin' around on my HD an it work
beautiful. Than I tested some (s)vcd and everything is fine too. But if i
want to watch some divx nothing happens than a sig11. Since I use the false
gcc , i wont give a full bugreport here. My question:
Does this work ? If yes with what codec ?(ffdivx ? divxds? anything else ?)
I'm using -vo mpegpes -ao mpegpes for output.
have anyone an advice for me what to do ? I wont upgrade the gcc since I will
install Mdk9.0beta in near future and have then gcc3.1 .

Greets

Steffen

P.S.: The output I mean:

Start playing...
looks like this file was encoded with (divx4/(old)xvid/opendivx) -> forcing
low_delay flag
VDec: vo config request - 640 x 288 (preferred csp: Planar YV12)
Couldn't find matching colorspace - retrying with -vop scale...
Opening video filter: [scale]
Sorry, selected video_out device is incompatible with this codec.
init_vo failed

MPlayer interrupted by signal 11 in module: decode_video

So what codec is compatible with mpegpes ?

 	        Computer are like air conditioners:
	They stop working properly if you open windows!