Xpert]Re: [MPlayer-users] X hangs on Ati Rage128AIW

gustavo gach at mega.ist.utl.pt
Mon Jul 29 04:05:02 CEST 2002

On Sunday 28 July 2002 07:05 pm, you wrote:
> [Xpert]Re: [MPlayer-users] X hangs on Ati Rage128AIW

Hello:

In answer to your complaints I'd like to give you a tip. It seems to be a
XFree 4.2 problem. When the dri kernel module is loaded it hangs the machine.
Also without that module Xv doesn't work properly for mpeg formats (it used
to in previous versions).

Solution: mandrake 8.2 came with a driver from Gatos (gatos.sf.net) that
fixed these problems. (thanks Mandrake).

With the dri kernel module, I can use Xv  (with xine or mplayer), 3D GL apps,
and bttv grabbing without any problem.

Best regards
Gustavo