[MPlayer-users] resampling frequency using mencoder and lame

Arpi arpi at thot.banki.hu
Wed Jul 31 23:04:02 CEST 2002

Hi,

> > RTFM!
> > -srate
>
> -srate is for forcing mplayer/mencoder to interpret audio as being a
> particular rate, not for resampling.

for both mplayer and mencoder it forces teh given output rate.
in mplayer, it forces playback rate, and video speed is changed to
keep a-v sync (so no resample).
in mencoder, this value is also passed to lame, so it will resample
and encode at this rate

yes, a bit tricky.. but documented at least

A'rpi / Astral & ESP-team