[MPlayer-users] in GUI mode open file bug if "win" partition mounted with "iocharset=koi8-r" (or just mounted)

Alex alexftp at gomail.com.ua
Sun Jun 2 18:58:02 CEST 2002

Hello2All!
It look like this: I start gmplayer (from terminal emulator or from Windowmaker menu (gmplayer < /dev/null &)) and try to open movie or mp3,wma file from Windows partition. When I shose the file and ckick "OK" gmplayer give error: "File not found: /mnt/dd/music/#$%pro_bobby.a#" or crash. ;(

Earlier I was not know about mounting partition with support another encodings, like: "mount -t vfat /dev/... ... -o iochatset=koi8-r", and gmplayer (or "mpayer -gui") was open all files normal. But now it work strange: it open file different (or crash, or talk about "File not found" and show filename with prefix @#..$% etc or same suffix, exsample: for /mnt/dd/music/video/dogma.avi it may says /mnt/dd/music/video/dogma.av@ or like this) at different time. If I mount "win" partition without "iochatset=koi8-r" it work fine, but it may happens too (maybe because I have files with russian names, what showed in MPlayer's open dialog as "??????.???"?).

Maybe problem in my system, some devels? If anyone know what devel package may make it problem, please mail me...

and lastest tests: it happens even I try open 2-3 files many times (open first file, play, stop (by "s"), open another file, play, stop, try open first file again) in any mount options. Offten it shows only a symbol instead filename...

	Best regards, Alex

PS. You are the best, and MPlayer is the GREAT!!!!

SYSTEM INFO:

RedHat 7.0 + update from RedHat 7.2

kernel 2.2.21

/lib/libc.so.6 -> libc-2.2.4.so

XFree86 Version 4.1.0

gcc version 2.95.3

GNU ld version 2.11.90.0.8 (with BFD 2.11.90.0.8)

GNU assembler 2.11.90.0.8

CPU:
(Winchip-2A)
vendor_id       : CentaurHauls
cpu family      : 5
model           : 8
model name      : C6-2
stepping        : 7
cpu MHz         : 199.616
flags           : fpu de tsc msr mce cx8 mtrr mmx 3dnow

audio:
Yamaha Corporation YMF-724F [DS-1 Audio Controller] (rev 03)

video:
 ATI Technologies Inc 3D Rage II+ 215GTB [Mach64 GTB] (rev 9a) (prog-if 00 [VGA])