[MPlayer-users] bugreport (avi created with RadTools crashes mplayer)

Michal Seliga michal.seliga at visicom.sk
Mon Jun 3 12:15:02 CEST 2002

> Message: 8
> Date: Thu, 30 May 2002 00:50:53 +0200
> From: Arpi <arpi at thot.banki.hu>
> To: mplayer-users at mplayerhq.hu
> Subject: Re: [MPlayer-users] bugreport (avi created with RadTools crashes mplayer)
>
> Hi,
>
> > please see attached file for details. I uploaded complete archive+bugreport
> > ftp.mplayerhq.hu. File is named:
> >
> > mplayerbugreport-mplayer_crash_with_radtools_created_avi.bz2
> >
> > I haven't tried with latest CVS version yet... sorry. (I used Mplayer0.90pre
> > 4)
>
> i tried wiht cvs, it's interesting
> native codec seems to fail, output looks buggy/strange
> dll works (at least doesn't crash)
>
> but the sample is too short to see anyhting, so could you provide a longer
> sample?
>
> you also mentione din the text that zlib/mszh also don't work, so, upload
> samples so i can look at it. we've never really tested them due to lack of
> sample files
>

> A'rpi / Astral & ESP-team
>
> --
> Developer of MPlayer, the Movie Player for Linux - http://www.MPlayerHQ.hu
>

> --__--__--

sample is uploaded  (samples.tar.bz2). Inside there are 3 avis

mzsh:		works with dll, no native codec found, maybe someone will try to
		 make some ;-)
zlib:		works with dll, native codec shows only first frame....
huffyuv:	works with dll, native codec makes very buggy output

provided samples are without sound - so they don't crash dll for me (but you wrote
that my older sample worked with cvs version and dlls so I think it is fixed now).

good luck.

---
and I have one more question about zlib. Do you know throttlebox files? It looks they
are something like archive with texts, pictures and movie. Movie is mpeg4 and I think
they use media player in their player so maybe it is avi/asf. Archive is packed using
zlib (I found zlib.dll included with player), Is it possible to find how it is packed? It
would be nice to make mplayer work with box files (because original player works
only in windows)

any idea?