[MPlayer-users] PATCH: mplayer is leaking file descriptors

Marc Espie espie at nerim.net
Tue Jun 4 18:15:02 CEST 2002

On Wed, Jun 05, 2002 at 12:51:35AM +0900, Georgi Georgiev wrote:
> I guess that either a "Read DOCS/tech/patches.txt" or a "Patches should be sent
> to dev-eng" is headed your way, if not both.

Possibly.
Guess what ?
Fix your bug-report documentation so that this is more apparent.

There are people like me who integrate quite a few programs in some OSes,
and we simply do have limited time to fix the code/read the documentation.

I read the first few paragraphs of bugreports.html. It pointed me to
mplayer-users at . No mention of another list...

I've got another look. It mentions mplayer-advusers near the bottom of the
list. Still, no mention of another list.

I don't see any mention of the tech/ directory either.

And the simpler the communication channels, the more chance you get to
get relevant patches back.

If I have to go through loops to submit patches, the program has to be
very interesting for me to bother.