[MPlayer-users] Why mp3lame produces doublespeed sound

Arpi arpi at thot.banki.hu
Wed Jun 5 02:02:01 CEST 2002

Hi,

> 8 bit mono and 16 bit mono (LE) cause mencoder to
> crash.

known

> 16 bit mono (BE) and 16 bit stereo (BE) produce
> doublespeed sound.

strange

> Only 16 bit stereo (LE) produces good sound (at least
> no crashes or weirdness).

mp3lame is very limited in the scope of input formats,
afair it only accept 16le stereo and float (32bit) stereo.
of course, with external conversion it would work, but you
have to wait for it, we'll add audio filter layer after the
soon-coming 0.90 release.

could you upload 16-bit sample files causing problems?
i may can fix them (8bit support requires the filter layer for sure)

A'rpi / Astral & ESP-team