[MPlayer-users] mplayer H+ trouble

Kylus kylus at pizzle.org
Wed Jun 5 15:06:02 CEST 2002

On Wed, Jun 05, 2002 at 01:15:51PM +0200, Ashendra Singh [ashendra at spectrumvns.com] wrote:
> i'm having some porblems getting mplayer to work as a normal user ( not
> root). i'm trying to use my H+ card which works fine when run as root
> (using -vc mpegpes )
> but when i run it as a normal user i get a signal 11 from libmpeg2,
> however when i run mplayer thru the H+ (as normal user) but without the
> -vc mpegpes option it works fine just without hardware decompression.

Hi,

Try making sure you have the latest codecs.conf file in
/home/regularuser/.mplayer. Also, make sure the permissions on the device
are such that your normal user is able to access it properly...that might
not be an issue if you can use it for software decoding, but hardware
decoding might require some permissions your user doesn't have on the
device.

Regards,

Patrick Boyne