[MPlayer-users] A/V sync problems

Peter Schuller peter.schuller at infidyne.com
Wed Jun 5 20:47:02 CEST 2002

> I've been getting this when I play DVDs ever since 0.6.  Tried everything
> in the docs (hdparm and framedrop) but I still have two versions of
> mplayer installed, 0.6 for DVDs and CVS head for divx and everything
> else.

Sounds like the same problem I'm having, although I didn't play DVDs
prior to versio 0.6.

And in my case the DVD-ROM is SCSI, so DMA is not an issue.

> Will post here if I ever find a fix.  Could be that never versions
> simply require more horse power (but then I guess framedrop would fix
> it).

I doubt that's the problem, at least on my end. Mplayer is able to play
the files in question at far above normal frame rate. So it's not a
resource issue; just a sync issue.

PGP userID: 0xE9758B7D or 'Peter Schuller <peter.schuller at infidyne.com>'
Key retrival: Send an E-Mail to getpgpkey at scode.org
E-Mail: peter.schuller at infidyne.com Web: http://www.scode.org