[MPlayer-users] Problem with fullscreen

Stefan Lange hoirkman at gmx.de
Wed Jun 5 23:43:02 CEST 2002

Antoine Schweitzer-Chaput wrote:
> Hi everybody
>
> I have a little problem with mplayer and fullscreen.
> In fact when I switch to fullscreen mode while watching a video, I only
> get a small window in the middle of the screen.

are you using x11 (or other vo without hardware acceleration) as vo? if
so, you also have to use -zoom to get "real" fullscreen.this requires a
powerful cpu, however

> What annoyes me is that I used it a few mounths ago, and when I did the
> same, I got a real fullscreen (video on the whole screen, but not in
> 1280x1024, it in fact decreased the resolution).
> Did I forget to set something at compile time?

do a mplayer -vo help to see which ones are available
what card are you using

look at the configure output to see which drivers will be built into mplayer

for mode-switching
use -vm (and rtfm...)