[MPlayer-users] bug in configure detecting lirc

Brian J. Murrell 09f96bf612d27c3fa6361b3156c72fe8 at interlinx.bc.ca
Fri Jun 7 11:32:01 CEST 2002

On Fri, Jun 07, 2002 at 11:11:49AM +0200, Alban Bedel wrote:

> MPlayer use the lirc api, thus doesn't open it self the device. You should send
> this to the lirc team.

You did not read closely enough.  I am not talking about MPlayer using
lirc, I am talking about configure (not) detecting that lirc support
is available on the machine MPlayer is being built on.

There is a (naive) test in configure:

  if test -c /dev/lirc ; then

There is no guarantee that the lirc device is /dev/lirc, and in fact
when using devfs it is in /dev/lirc/<driver> (i.e. /dev/lirc/serial)
so thusly, lirc autodetection fails when using devfs.

b.

--
Brian J. Murrell