[MPlayer-users] playing movie on 2 monitors using xinerama

Attila Kinali kinali at gmx.net
Sat Jun 8 21:57:01 CEST 2002

On Sat, 08 Jun 2002 20:10:56 +0200
Petr Cirman <badl at seznam.cz> wrote:

> I would like to play my movies on both monitors (to get bigger picture).
> My first adapter is GeForce2MX and the second one is Riva128. Using
> nvidia driver for GeForce and nv driver for Riva.
> Problem:
> When using Riva's monitor for playing the movies, I must use driver -vo
> x11 to see the picture. Every other possible driver shows black screen
> instead of the picture. But this driver doesn't support scaling, so I
> cannot use fullscreen of both monitors or that scaling...
> When I use -vo xv I can of course use scaling but only GeForce's monitor
> shows the picture (Riva's one doesn't ...).
> So the result is that I can see movies only on ONE monitor or on both of
> them but without fullscreen or scaling (original size ... strange).
> Does any solutions exist for this ? (Excluding buying new card(s)).

That what you want is to have a split picture to have on both hardware
scaling. This is not possible currently with mplayer and i dont think
it'll be in the near future.
The only output module that supports that is -vo x11 with software scaling
but that'll be too slow unless you have a 100GHz processor. Beside the needed
i/o performance (PCI-33/32bit is too slow)

		Attila Kinali

--
Israel, where the first genocide of this century takes place.