[MPlayer-users] some ideas of mine

Hetz Ben Hamo hetz at kde.org
Sun Jun 9 22:51:02 CEST 2002

> on Sun, 9 Jun 2002 17:35:57 +0000 you wrote:
> > Thirdly, and I know this is a remote possibility, I was wondering, is
> > there
> > any way of using the RealPlayer so libraries to give MPlayer RealPlayer
> > G3 support? Not by disassembling to create a clone, but rather to use
> > the so libraries themselves (say to get the list of exported functions
> > and figure out which function does what, so then one could create a
> > codec for MPlayer which would use the RealPlayer libraries to do the
> > real decoding). Is this a good idea, or am I missing out on something?
>
> RV is on the way, be patient.

I don't know if the X86 codecs will work on the non X86 machines, wouldn't it
be a good idea to have few packages of codecs - per platform? (maybe they're
all the same - I didn't check that)..

You can get the real player 8 for Alpha, X86, PowerPC, Sun Sparc, Irix etc at:

http://forms.real.com/real/player/unix/unix.html

Hetz