[MPlayer-users] DVD on a LAN

Peter Schuller peter.schuller at infidyne.com
Mon Jun 10 16:02:01 CEST 2002

> If it's possible to define a DVD drive in such a way that programs running on a
> remote computer can see it even when it's not mounted, that would be great. Does
> anybody know if this is possible?

I've never actually tried it myself, but there's support for "network
block devices" in the LInux kernel. I've always assumed that would allow
one host to access another host's block devices directly. Perhaps
something to look into - if you're on Linux.

PGP userID: 0xE9758B7D or 'Peter Schuller <peter.schuller at infidyne.com>'
Key retrival: Send an E-Mail to getpgpkey at scode.org
E-Mail: peter.schuller at infidyne.com Web: http://www.scode.org