[MPlayer-users] --enable-gui - Unable to compile 0.90-pre5

Samuel Liddicott sam at liddicott.com
Mon Jun 10 16:06:01 CEST 2002

----- Original Message -----
From: "Lethal Weapon" <lethalwp at linuxbe.org>
To: <mplayer-users at mplayerhq.hu>
Sent: Sunday, June 09, 2002 12:10 PM
Subject: Re: [MPlayer-users] --enable-gui - Unable to compile 0.90-pre5

> > I've never understood these kind of people. INTERNAL COMPILER ERROR!
> > So it's nothing with MPlayer but the compiler. I think it's very clear
and
> > I don't know why it is so hard to realize that this is not problem of
mplayer
> > but the compiler.
> So you don't remember being a newbie with linux...?
>
> Maybe you were born with the knowledge?
>
> When i first was doing configure; make; make install; some years ago,
> and when it went wrong... I wasn't able to help myself, with the time
> and the digging, the knowledge came, but i've needed about 1 year to
> know myself a way through linux (i'm using console most of the time, ppl
> using 100% GUI will require a lot more i presume).

I used to edit "configure" by hand and wonder what idiot wrote stuff like
that!
I even used to send in patches to "configure" hah!

> or now the new RTFB (yeah sure, newbies will directly
> understand what the B's for),

I'm a techie now and I never heard of RTFB today, I got lucky to find a
message explaining it.

> Yes, ppl should read, but some beginners don't even know that some files
> are meant to be read...
>
> So, please answer a more friendly way, or if it's boring don't answer?

Good sentiment.  There are enough helpful people for the angry ones to take
a few minutes off.

Sam