[MPlayer-users] cvs/frameno/encode

Miklos Bagi Jr. joschy at mailbox.hu
Tue Jun 11 02:36:02 CEST 2002

Yo Arpi,

> > As I have seen vqmin is not included as an option in the documentation
> > came with the affected cvs and prereleases. Would you be so kind and
> > describe wha t
>
> 1. search the f**** archive, it was discussed too many times

That's a possibility, I'll look for that one.

> 2. read teh current documentation, in cvs or pre5

Did that. I've found some info in DOCS/tech/libavc-rate-control.txt.

"2 is recommended for normal mpeg4/mpeg1video encoding" does not mean anything
for me. I understand it is recommended but why? Is there any standard for ?
What the hell does it do?

I'm asking this because it seems to fix my problem (don't know yet, but
encoding tells me at 5% an average that is not going under 450 MBs). Can I
use this as a default setting to encode stuff?

These are questions I have in mind right now. I might find some answers in the
archive as you've requested me to do check, but you can stop swearing, I can
understand you without that. Please remember that the user is not for
preventing you from work. We're people you're doing your development for. I'm
just trying to do the best I can with your product, that's all.

MBJr.